Culture Mission 2


We found the time during the week to all meet up and discuss how to further work on our project, we have already studied the history of the hashtag and read other peoples articles on activism, we knew by this time how we wanted to proceed, we just had to decide which hashtag each person wanted to explore. It took us some time to search for what each one of us was interested in doing but after a while we all found something we found interest in.

             Sean decided that he wanted to study the Me Too hashtag which is one of the most successful and popular hashtags on social media, it is a social media movement against sexual violence and sexual assault that advocates for females that have survived sexual violence in the past and encourage them to speak out, many celebrities have spoken out about their experience.

            After a lot of searching, I decided I wanted to settle on The Black Lives Matter movement, it is a movement in the United States, originally started in the African-American community, that campaigns against police killings of black people and other issues such as racial profiling, police brutality and racial inequality in the United States, they often hold protests.

           Rob, which is the last member of our group was focused on studying citizen journalism and citizen journalism before and after the rise of social media. After we settled on what we are going to do, we decided it was time to gather information to start putting into our slides which we did at home.

           When I arrived home I instantly started researching everything on the Black Lives Matter movement and any important facts I could include in the presentation. I made sure that I learned how the movement has first started and the current status of the movement in the media. We decided that it would be best if we didnt include much writing in our slides, that way we could expand on each point of our slides during the presentation.

          Once I felt I had enough information I started my powerpoint, I made a few slides explaining the movement and made sure to include photos taken of the protests, once I had made my slides and revised how Im going to expand on each point in class. After each one of us were done with our slides we combined them all together in the powerpoint, the last thing we had to do was show the use of one of the tools on moodle, we decided to settle on TAGS, it allows you to archive twitter hashtags on any certain topic. We decided that we would use this tool to compare different hashtags on Twitter that focused on the  #MeToo movement. Once we completed that our presentation was complete.
             

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creativity Blog 3

Creativity Mission Blog 2