Creativity Mission Blog 2

               Continuation of The Art of The Animated Gif.

After we had finished researching all the information we needed to start working on the slides, we decided to meet up in Starbucks after college so we could finally start creating our slides with the information we found on the internet. We started off our powerpoint with some information on how the Gif was created and a few other facts we could find, we found it interesting that most people actually mispronounce the word 'Gif' as its actually supposed to be pronounced as 'Jif'.

                                        We took the time to watch a few shorts videos on youtube which taught us how to create a Gif on one of the popular sites such as 'makeagif' or the most popular one which is 'giphy'. We soon learned that there were many sites in which you could make your own gif and learned that we could make a gif from any video we find on the internet. I decided that I wanted to make a Gif from any iconic movie scene I could find, after some thought I realized I wanted to make a Gif from a movie scene in the new Joker movie. The girls decided that they wanted to use drawings they made at home and then put them together to make them into a Gif.

                                       After we felt that we had made enough progress on our Powerpoint and decided what our Gifs are going to look like, we went our separate ways home to try and create the Gifs on our own. I went home and started looking for the scene I wanted to use for my Gif, after I found the perfect one I went onto 'makeagif' and took some time to figure it all out. I realized that it would be a really simple task for me.

                                      When you first click onto 'makeagif' the first thing it will ask you is if you want to make a Gif from a Youtube video, Facebook, webcam or your own video from files. I picked the Youtube option and it asked me for the URL of the video, after you enter the URL you are able to give the Gif a title, choose a category if youd like to publish it, add tags and then at the end you get to pick the speed of your Gif, its a very simple process.

                                     Once my Gif was created I got the girls to send me their Gifs and I added them onto our presentation, we dedicated a few hours to perfect our Power point, add some more slides and information and added extra effects to make it stand out, after this was done our presentation was ready.

                                     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creativity Blog 3

Culture Mission 2

Culture Mission 1